tweet button

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Day - Up the water intake

I probably drink more water than the average Joe, but I need to be a bit more consistent.  Yesterday was the 4th of July.  I spent a great deal of time outside, which means I was sweating more than if I had been indoors all day.  The result is that my body is now retaining water, and the scale is up 2 pounds.  But I must cognitively know and accept that this is not a "true" weight gain.  I must persevere.  I love the definition that thefreedictionary.com gives for persevere - remain constant to a purpose.

If I increase my water intake today, my prediction is that the 2 pounds will be gone tomorrow plus a few more ounces.

I am having Kellogg's Special K protein plus cereal with soy milk for breakfast.  I like this particular Kellogg's cereal because it has 10 grams of protein and meets my minimum standard for fiber at 5 grams per serving.

For me fiber is a higher priority than whole wheat.  I do eat old fashioned oats, steel cut oats, and other "whole grains"; however, I don't seek out "wheat".  A number of years ago, my husband and I read Eat Right 4 Your Type  by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo.  According to his book, an O positive blood type metabolism does not work as efficiently with too much wheat.  Right after that, I started eating more meat (which D'Adamo recommends for O positive) and I stopped stuffing wheat down my gullet which was all the rage at the time.  Within 6 weeks I had lost 17 pounds.

I encourage everyone to listen to your own body and filter all the information out there.  Just because the morning news expert recommends something, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is perfect information for you.

My husband can eat far more wheat than I can, but his body reacts to it in a completely different way (i.e. no obvious weight gain).  It is important for me to understand that it is okay that my husband can eat different things than I can.  We are different in other ways as well.  He sometimes says that I have a bionic nose, because I can smell things that he cannot.  It appears to us that this may be one of the reasons why I don't always like a lot of different spices on or in certain foods.  I think they overwelm my senses.  He, on the other hand, is a lover of many spices and large quantities of condiments.  I call him the "condiment king".  He can practically make a meal of condiments alone!

Back to today. . . make sure I get the water I need, exercise, and remain constant to my purpose.

Word for today:  PERSEVERE

No comments:

Post a Comment