tweet button

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Open letter to me and to you

Hey, sorry you had a bummer let down with your weight loss at the beginning of the month.  I tend to retain water when I am traveling or outdoors in the heat too much and for me that appears to make my body think it has to hold on to stuff.  Weathering those periods of time is like psychological warfare.  I am not walking outside until the heat lets up here in Tennessee.  I need a psychological break from the negative affects of the heat on my weight.  Went to the mall yesterday to walk. A tweet from thinnerisms today was good for me, so I'll share:   Successful #weightloss requires persistence. We only get better at something by REPEATED EFFORT, and PICKING OURSELVES UP after we stumble.  But sometimes the stumble is not ours per se, but the reaction we allow ourselves to have to the stalemate on the scale.  On a good day, I choose to stay on course, knowing that the scale is just playing mind games with me that I am determined to win.  I sometimes have to wait 3 or 4 days (or longer) to see the scale give up and let go of the number.

WORD OF THE DAY:  WARFARE

1 comment: