tweet button

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Breakfast is a Priority Jan 4, 2012

I used to not eat until 1 or 2 o'clock, but have made breakfast of some sort a priority for the past 3 years.  My go to breakfast is usually a full cup of some sort of high fiber cereal.  Fiber One cereals are a good choice with 9-11 gram of fiber per serving.  Sometimes I mix in some Sam's Extra Raisin Bran to save money, but the fiber content is a little lower.  I really like FiberPlus Caramel Pecan Crunch, too.  I always use plain soy milk in my cereal.  I really like soy milk better; it has fewer calories, so it is a win-win for me.

When I am on a tighter schedule, I try to keep some high fiber bars (Fiber One or Kellogg's FiberPlus) that I can eat in the car.  Some mornings I don't want to eat anything, but I force myself to eat at least a half of a fiber bar, because I do believe that it jumpstarts my metabolism for the day, and it is the right thing to do. 

People ask me what "program" I am on, but as a lot of you know you have to make personal lifestyle changes that are not temporary to have a lasting effect on your life, health, and weight.  Eating more fiber and breakfast are two of my "lifestyle" changes that I have made to help me lose 40 pounds over 3 years.  I am slow, but sure!

1 comment:

  1. hey charlene!
    i just found your blog link from "the hood" over at the sisterhood of the shrinking jeans. so glad you joined the sisterhood...you really are gonna like it...
    sounds like you are doing good on your healthy journey.... i went backwards over the past 2 months and gained back around 13 pounds that i had just worked so hard to get off...i was close to having a total of 50lbs lost since june 21, 210 but now it is only eeeerrrr around 35 lbs lost total....and i still have a ways to go...

    gotta go start cleaning....

    have a great day!!

    btw, i am tracy c. over at "the hood"... :)

    ReplyDelete