tweet button

Monday, January 2, 2012

Survived the Semester (written December 13)

Okay, so I am going to tell you the good news before I apologize for being a posting loser. I finished another semester of school, and I am only 5 months from graduation. I managed to lose 10 pounds this semester, and I survived the dreaded Halloween to end of semester Valley of stressful Death period without gaining any permanent weight. I bobbled up and down a bit, but was the same in the final analysis.

I am still exercising, but it has been hard to be as consistent as I want to be. I was sick from mid Oct to mid Nov, so the exercise slowed down a bit in Nov. But I got back on the horse. Then I hit end of the semester stress and started another part time job (that makes 3 part time jobs), so the exercise took a back seat for a couple of weeks again.

The good report is that I exercised 36 min this morning and took a 45 min walk this evening for a total of 81 fitness minutes today.

I am still doing my 3-pronged circuit routine that I can do at home.
1 - Lateral thigh trainer
2 - Dumbbell dancing
3 - Floor exercises

I had to adjust my goal of 420 min per week to an average of 300 min per week. This goal is doable and attainable. Attainability is one of the markers of a good goal.

I used the community college gym some at the beginning of the semester; however, I had to drop that because I only had class on campus 2 days a week and could not afford to drive there on the other days; then our schedule changed to only 1 day on campus, so it was not working for me.

I do apologize for not checking in regularly, but then I think again about goal-setting and how it has to be attainable; otherwise, for me, it is not a good goal. So I am going to set the goal of posting something here at least once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment