tweet button

Monday, January 2, 2012

Jan 1, 2012 Triumph

Believe it or not, I was down another pound on January 1!!!  I have officially lost all of the 20 pounds I gained last school year, and now I am ready to proceed with the next 40 pounds.  My goal is to lose 40 pounds by my May graduation date.  I student teach this semester, about which I am very excited, and I will be continuing my early morning workouts this semester.

When I lose another 10 pounds I will be at a weight I have not seen since I was pregnant 20 years ago.  The 40 pounds that I want to lose by May represents all of the pregnancy weight I gained all those years ago plus an extra 5 pounds.  You see, I gained a total of 70 pounds during my pregnancy, and I have the most beautiful 19 year old son to show for it.  But it is high time for me to lose the weight.

I will set a new goal in May.  Technically, my BMI will still be in the overweight category, so I plan to lose an additional 8 pounds after the May deadline to reach the normal BMI range. After that I want to lose another 12 pounds.

I will enjoy being at that weight in a way that I was not able to enjoy all those years ago.  I would not have my picture made back then, because I always thought I was too fat, but I was not.  I am going to be mature this time around.  I am going to be happy with myself.  I am going to enjoy being alive.  I am going to enjoy wearing the clothes I want to wear. I am going to live in this new reality that I am creating for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment